Duroblade Coating and Surface Sizing blades
Achieve significant operational savings in any type of paper production--CWF, LWC, packaging board and others—with original high-performance Duroblade® coating blades.
Duroblade coating blades are factory-honed to each customer's individual requirements.
Proven to last up to 10 times longer than conventional steel blades, they wear smoothly and evenly to maintain excellent coatweight profiles. With specific tip materials to enhance coatweight application, smoothness, gloss and fiber coverage, Duroblade coating blades are customised to meet your needs.
Customised to your needs
We take the time to understand your specific needs and can make Duroblade coating blades available in a variety of materials to meet your needs and applications:
- Ceramics family – offers long lifetimes, stable running conditions, better coatweight control, and enhanced paper surface qualities;
- Cermet family – enhances surface smoothness and reduces streaks, lines and scratches in CWF and packaging grades;
- Soft Tip – incorporates a unique technology for contour coating, which provides exceptional fiber coverage and higher solids content—perfect in board applications
- Improved coatweight control
- Higher solids content
- Improved fiber coverage
- Increased backing roll lifetime
- Streak reduction